Mercedes-Benz Introduces the New Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe
- Choose yours from two powerful GLC Coupe model variants
- The exterior of this coupe inspires with its flowing lines and bold proportions
- Inside, you get to relax in premium upholstered seats
- Enjoy rapid acceleration and superb control with the AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine
Mercedes-Benz has launched the new Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe. The model complements the highly popular mid-sized range of the manufacturer. It comes with various features and design elements typical for the AMG line-up. This model is also the first SUV Coupe to feature the exclusive AMG E PERFORMANCE hybrid technology.
You can select your own version from two variants:
- The entry-level GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe with 421hp
- The top-of-the-range GLC 32 S E PERFORMANCE Coupe with 680hp
Some of the new equipment includes AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 9G transmission and AMG RIDE CONTROL. All to enhance your driving experience.
Is this your next car? Browse the range today.
Michael Schiebe, CEO of Mercedes-AMG GmbH and head of business units Mercedes-Benz G-Class & Mercedes-Maybach, commented:
“With the new Mercedes-AMG GLC Coup�, we are addressing customers who are looking for a sporty lifestyle and dynamic design coupled with impressive performance. The diverse and high-quality technical components guarantee the highest level of driving dynamics and pleasure.”
“With the top model GLC 63 S E PERFORMANCE Coup�, we now also offer our innovative hybrid drive in this segment, which guarantees an extensive range of driving experience.”
Exterior of the Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe
Feel inspired by the sporty look of this coupe. Featuring a flowing transition from the front to the rear, the AMG GLC Coupe is made to impress. The exterior highlights include:
- AMG-specific radiator trim
- Powerful, body-coloured wheel arches
- Athletic, strong proportions
- 19, 20, and 21-inch flush-fitting wheels to choose from
- Two-part taillights with black and dark red connecting elements
- Additional diffuser board (with GLC 63 S)
- Two double tailpipe trims
Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe Interior
Boasting unique, luxurious materials, the interior of the Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe creates a premium feel. Some of the key interior features include:
- ARTICO man-made leather or MICROCUT AMG microfiber seats
- AMG Performance steering wheel in Nappa leather
- AMG sports pedals
- AMG floor mats
- Illuminated door sills with AMG lettering
- MBUX infotainment system, with independent displays in the instrument cluster
- Optional Head-up Display
- Optional Nappa leather upholstery with embossed AMG coat of arms
- Optional AMG performance seats
Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe Engine
The AMG 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine is the cornerstone of this model. It comes with an electric exhaust turbocharger, delivering fantastic efficiency. Developed in the Mercedes-Benz Affalterbach location, it is easy to see the quality of the engine’s craftsmanship.
This engine is one of a kind. It's charged by an electric exhaust gas turbocharger via a 48-volt on-board electrical system. You will also receive the belt-driven starter (RSG) with the engine. The inspiring system comes from the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team.
Choose your engine from two options:
1. GLC 43 4MATIC Coupe
This thrilling model offers the 2.0-litre four-cylinder in-line engine, delivering 421hp. You can expect a maximum torque of 500Nm, which will help you to accelerate from 0-62mph in 4.8 seconds.
The model also comes with a 48-volt technology, enhancing power. It also makes the transitions between stopping and starting undetectable, ensuring a smooth drive.
2. GLC 63 S E PERFORMANCE Coupe
This is the most powerful series-produced four-cylinder engine in the world. You can expect a maximum torque of 545Nm and 476hp. The coupe will take you from 0-62mph in a rapid 3.5 seconds.
The engine is matched with a permanently excited synchronous electric motor and a high-performance battery. It also comes with a fully variable AMG Performance 4MATIC+ all-wheel drive.
The rear positioning of the 150kW electric motor helps the motor to convert the power more directly to propulsion. This means more boost in acceleration and overtaking!
Charging your GLC 63 S E PERFORMANCE Coupe
The battery has a capacity of 6.1kW. It’s charged via recuperation or by using the installed 3.7kW on-board charger. You can also charge it at home with a wall box, household socket or at a public charging station.
Enjoy a fully electric range of just over seven miles, which is ideal for Low Emission Zones (LEZs).
This coupe comes with a range of cutting-edge features, making each journey feel more luxurious. These include:
- Innovative direct cooling of the AMG 400-volt battery
- Intelligent hybrid regulates the wheel traction. The feature allows the engine to operate with higher torque without the use of ESP braking.
- AMG SPEEDSHIFT 9G Multi-Clutch Transmission (MCT). The system optimises response to accelerator pedal commands, delivering short shifting times.
- AMG Performance 4MATIC all-wheel drive. It has a permanent power distribution between the front (31%) and rear (69%), to create greater driving dynamics.
- AMG DYNAMIC SELECT driving programmes (GLC 43 – five programmes, GLC 63 S – eight programmes
- AMG DYNAMICS to deliver more precise steering
- AMG RIDE CONTROL with wheels adaptive damping adjustment
- Active roll stabilisation for more comfortable rides
- Three-stage AMG speed-sensitive steering adapts to the selected driving programme
- Standard rear axle steering
- AMG sports brake system ensures rapid deceleration
Are you ready to order your own Mercedes-AMG GLC Coupe?
View the full range today online or visit your local Mercedes-Benz showroom.