Success for BMW at What Car? Awards 2022
BMW has triumphed at the annual What Car? Awards, taking away more trophies than any other brand.
There were category award wins for five different BMW models, including the 3 Series, 4 Series Coupe, 4 Series Convertible, 5 Series and X5 xDrive45e. Plus, there were ‘Best Buy’ recommendations for a further seven models across eight categories.
The BMW 330e and BMW 530e retained their titles from the 2021 What Car? Awards, taking first place in the heavily contested ‘Executive Car of the Year’ and ‘Luxury Car of the Year’ categories respectively.
The BMW 4 Series Coupe added another award to its portfolio, taking ‘Coupe of the Year’ – the vehicles ninth industry award since its launch in October 2020.
The latest-generation BMW 4 Series Convertible was recognised as ‘Convertible of the Year’, offering more space and luxury than ever before.
The BMW X5 xDrive45e was awarded ‘Luxury SUV of the Year’ and named ‘Best Plug-in Hybrid for Long Distances’. This was down to its remarkable efficiency and long electric range.
Aside from the individual category award wins, BMW took ‘Best Buy’ recommendations for the following:
- ‘Best Family Car Interior’ - BMW 1 Series
- ‘Best Luxury SUV for Big Families’ – BMW X7
- ‘Best Estate Car to Drive’ – BMW 3 Series Touring
- ‘Best Estate Car Interior’ - BMW 5 Series Touring
- ‘Best Large Electric Car Interior’ – BMW i4
- ‘Best Electric SUV for Long Distances’ – BMW iX
- ‘Best Electric SUV to Drive’ - BMW iX3
Keep an eye on our Newsroom to stay up to speed with all the latest automotive award wins.