Audi E-Tron and BMW iX Celebrate Auto Trader New Car Award Success
Audi E-Tron and BMW iX are among the winners of the 2022 Auto Trader New Car Awards with the E-Tron named ‘Best Car for Families’ and the iX scooping the Rory Reid award.
The Auto Trader New Car of The Year award winners are chosen by the general public, with 156.000 real car owners casting their vote across 19 of the 22 categories. Drivers were given the chance to rate their car on everything from reliability, performance, and running costs, to how likely they would be to recommend it to others.
E-Tron is the first fully-electric SUV from Audi, offering up to 408 PS of power and up to 252 miles of range on the S line model. Drivers placed it in pole position for ‘Best Car for Families’ with the SUV praised for it’s cheaper running costs, engine quietness, space and practicality.
40% of this year’s winners were electric vehicles, up from 36% last year and EV searches now make up one in five searches on Auto Trader, the UK’s largest automotive marketplace.
Erin Baker, Auto Trader Editorial Director, said: “The new car market is fast changing, with a new electric vehicle entering the market every week. However, with so much choice in the market, it can be a challenge for consumers to find the car that is right for them. That’s where our New Car Awards can help. With categories based on how consumers actually use their cars in the ‘real-world’, it offers buyers insight into which makes, and models could best suit their lifestyle.”
BMW iX also won The Rory Reid Award, chosen by award-winning automotive journalist and former Top Gear presenter, Rory Reid.
Rory who now fronts Auto Trader’s Youtube channel, reviews the latest and greatest cars, and commended BMW iX for its stunning attention to detail, quality of technology, and fast and smooth drive.
Find out the full list of Auto Trader Car of The Year 2022 Award winners below:
1. New Car of the Year - Polestar 2 *electric vehicle
2. Best Car for Families – Audi e-tron *electric vehicle
3. Best Car for New Drivers – Ford Puma
4. Best Value New Car – Dacia Duster
5. Best Car for Long Distances – Skoda Kodiaq
6. Most Fun to Drive – Alfa Romeo Giulia
7. Best Car for City Drivers - MG HS
8. Best Car for Dog Owners – MG MG5
9. Best 7-Seater Car – Kia Sorento
10. Best Car for Towing – Volvo XC40
11. Most Loved Car – Polestar 2 *electric vehicle
12. Best Hybrid – Renault Arkana
13. Best Value Electric Car – Skoda Enyaq iV *electric vehicle
14. Best Premium Electric Car – Polestar 2 *electric vehicle
15. Best Value Brand – Dacia
16. Most Loved Brand – Porsche
17. Most Reliable Brand – Lexus
18. Car brand with the best tech – Tesla *electric vehicle
19. Best Luxury Car – Audi RS6 Avant
20. Sustainability Initiative Award – Nissan
21. The Rory Reid Award – BMW IX *electric vehicle
22. The Erin Baker Award – Vauxhall Mokka-e *electric vehicle