What Factors Will Affect My Car's Valuation?
You’re always guaranteed an expert valuation at Vertu Motors.
We pride ourselves on giving you the best price for your car, using the most up-to-date data. Our online valuation tool gives you an instant quote, which is followed by a thorough inspection carried out by a member of our team.
However, there are certain factors that can affect your car’s valuation.
Read on to find out more.
The age of your car will have an impact on its valuation. Unless it’s a classic car - like most things, its value will decline over time.
But don’t worry too much about that. The age of a car is out of your control, so it’s best to focus your attention onto other factors which you can help, such as condition.
The condition of a car is extremely important when it comes to being valued.
Keeping on top of your vehicle in terms of cosmetics and mechanics will stand you in good stead when you come to sell it. No-one wants to buy a car that’s covered in bumps, nor do they want a car that isn’t fit for the job mechanically.
It’s therefore extremely important to make sure your vehicle is maintained during the course of your ownership. If your car is damaged, you can easily book an appointment with our Bodyshop team who will get it looking as good as new in no time.
Having your car serviced regularly not only ensures your vehicle runs smoothly and efficiently, but it also helps when you come to sell your car.
A vehicle that has a full service history will be valued higher than one which doesn’t.
It’s important to have your vehicle serviced every year - if your car is due one, book in at your local Vertu Motors dealership today.
The lower the mileage on your car, the better the valuation.
Cars that have a high mileage tend to have higher maintenance costs, therefore, the value of the car will be lower.
Number of Previous Owners
The number of previous owners also plays a part in a car's valuation. If a car has only had one previous owner, it’s more likely to have been well kept and vital accessories are less likely to have been lost.
So, if you are interested in selling your car to Vertu Motors, please be aware of the conditions of valuation:
- You must be the registered owner of the vehicle (for at least six months) and be able to provide the vehicle logbook (V5c)
- Your car must have a valid MOT certificate on the day of hand over
- Your car is not an import and was first registered in mainland UK
- Your car has not been used by a driving school or as a taxi
- Your car has not been in a major accident and has never been written off
- Your car has two sets of keys
- Where applicable, the SatNav memory or Sim Card must be in the car
- Your vehicle must have a spare wheel with a legal tyre or where applicable a tyre inflation kit
- All interior fixings such as the parcel shelf should be included in the car
- The valuation is valid for seven days and is based on the mileage and condition described
For more information on selling your car, visit our Newsroom, or if you are ready to start your valuation, then head over to our Value My Car page today.